Sunday, July 15, 2012

Bacon Asparagus Bundles

I'm always looking for stand-out side dishes and these asparagus bundles are just that!

They're quick, easy and require only 5 ingredients—one of which is bacon. And they're just so dang cute all bundled up and perfectly portioned.

My bacon was just slightly crispy, but if you'd like it more well done, pop your bacon in the micro for a little while before you wrap them up.



Bacon Asparagus Bundles

Ingredients
  • 1 lb asparagus spears
  • 1 tbsp olive oil, or a Misto olive oil sprayer
  • salt
  • fresh ground pepper
  • 6 slices bacon
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Lightly coat asparagus in olive oil. (I used my Misto, but you can just drizzle with about a tablespoon of olive oil and toss to coat) Sprinkle with fresh ground pepper and salt.

Divide your asparagus into 6 relatively equal bundles and wrap with bacon. If you'd like your bacon extra crispy, nuke it in the microwave for a little while to firm it up a bit beforehand.

Place asparagus bundles on a grill pan and cook 12 minutes before cranking on the broiler for another 2-4 minutes. Watch it closely to prevent burning!

Transfer to a serving platter and enjoy!



Grades and I took advantage of the not so hot weather and went on a little hike over the weekend at Walnut Creek Park. It had a super cute beach too! We also hit up one of our new found favorite mexican restaurants, Guadalajara on Friday. We ate burritos and enchiladas and Gradon taught me basic spanish phrases. Then we headed home and watched 4 episodes of Mad Men. I don't know how it happened, but we got hooked!








2 comments:

  1. I was just about the comment on the Perry Hall shirt too! I love wearing mine as well. I'm so excited that you got hooked on Mad Men!!! Troy and I are watching all of the seasons over again cause we loved it so much. It's amazing. I'll have to send you a link to the Slate articles they write about every episode-the analysis brings it to a whole new level. Let's make Mad men our new Gilmore Girls :)

    ReplyDelete