Thursday, July 26, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Butter Patty Cakes

These cookies are my BFF when I have a serious chocolate craving and no time for baking! They taste so supremely chocolatey and the oatmeal gives them a hearty texture. I had moderate expectations for this recipe when I found it years ago, and it truly blew me away with its perfection. These no bakes take barely 10 minutes from start to finish, and leave you with just one messy dish! A dream come true? I think yes.

These are great in any form, from warm to room temperature, and even chilled in the fridge. I've found that kids and adults alike adore them.

This recipe makes a LOT. Dropped by heaping tablespoons, I usually get about 28-30. Make them a bit smaller and you'll get 3 dozen easy. I usually half the recipe and get 14 pretty big cookies.  


Chocolate Peanut Butter Patty Cakes
Yield: 2-3 dozen cookies
Adapted from Brown Eyed Baker

Ingredients:
  • ½ cup (1 stick) butter
  • 2 cups granulated sugar
  • ½ cup milk
  • 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
  • ½ cup peanut butter (not natural)
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 3 cups quick-cooking oats



Add the first four ingredients (through the cocoa powder) to a saucepan. Mix until butter is melted and ingredients are well combined. Bring to a rolling boil and let boil for 1-2 minutes.

Remove from heat. Stir in the peanut butter and vanilla until smooth. Then stir in the oats. 



Drop by heaping tablespoons onto wax paper and gently shape into hamburger patty-like shapes. Let cool a few minutes until set. EAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment