Thursday, October 4, 2012

Chicken Prosciutto Rollatini

Chicken can be super cute. These rollatinis are stuffed with prosciutto, cheese and red onion. My husband hates red onion but somehow loves these, so if you're not an onion lover, never fear! I'm willing to bet you will love these. 

Buy the thin chicken cutlets at the grocery store—otherwise you'll need to slice a regular chicken breast in half or pound it.

I resisted the urge to cover these rollatinis in an indulgent sauce and used lemon juice as a substitute for some of the oil in an effort to keep it on the lighter side.



Chicken Prosciutto Rollatini
Modified from Skinny Taste & Julia's Healthy Italian


Servings: 8
Serving Size: 1 chicken rollatini
Old WW Points: 4 pts
Points+: 4 pts
Calories: 168.6
Fat: 6.4 g
Protein: 22.1 g
Carb: 4.6 g
Fiber: 0.7 g
Sugar: 0.0 g


Ingredients:

  • 8 thin chicken cutlets, 3 oz each
  • 4 slices (2.8 oz) thin lean prosciutto, sliced in half
  • 4 slices Sargento reduced fat provolone or mozzarella, sliced in half
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
  • 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
  • 1 lemon, juice of
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • fresh ground pepper
  • 1/4 red onion, sliced
  • olive oil non-stick spray
Combine breadcrumbs and grated cheese in one bowl and olive oil, lemon juice, and pepper in another bowl. Preheat oven to 450°. Lightly spray a baking dish with nonstick spray.

Dip the chicken in the lemon-oil mixture, then coat in breadcrumbs mixture. Place each cutlet on a cutting board and lay 1/2 slice prosciutto, 1/2 slice cheese and a few slices of red onion on one side of the chicken cutlet.  


Roll up and place seam side down in a baking dish. Secure with a toothpick if needed. Repeat with the remaining chicken. When finished, top with remaining crumbs and spray lightly with oil. Bake 25 - 30 minutes and serve immediately.


It's been a while since I recapped on recent events, and I'd better put first things first. I'm late on this, I know, but on May the 12th, my dear friend Lisa Beth Jones was wed to her high school sweetheart, Christian. 

I can't express just how much I love and cherish her—my best friend since second grade—my lunch buddy, dance partner and co-founder of the buttercrunch cookie club at Kingsville Elementary. My fellow sun worshipper by the pool and at the beach in the summer time. And my partner in crime while playing hookie at the gunpowder river in high school. Her family is like my family, and I just wouldn't be the same without her.




She is kind, sensitive, adventurous and a free spirit. Oh, and she's totally gorgeous, as you can tell!

Here are some shots of her special day taken by Shelby Leigh Photography. She did a beautiful job capturing the spirit of the day.








2 comments:

  1. Awww this is so sweet! Makes me miss you oh so much!!! Can't wait to get together soon. We need to catch up! LOVE YOU.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither! I totally require seeing you over thanksgiving. It's coming up so fast! I want to hear all about your adventure in another foreign land! Hope you had the best time. XOXO

      Delete